CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns – Studio City, CA
Long-Lasting Restorations Placed in Just One Appointment
There’s no denying that dental crowns provide a reliable way to repair significantly damaged teeth. However, many patients are less than happy to learn that getting a traditional dental crown typically takes more than one appointment. Is there a faster solution? At our Studio City practice, there certainly is; Dr. Ruiz is proud to offer high-quality crowns made in just one day with the CEREC system. If you would like more details about the advantages offered by CEREC, give our office a call.
Why Choose Supra-Gingival Dentistry by Dr. Ruiz for CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
- Lifelike, Highly Durable Crowns
- Reputation as a Top Aesthetic Dentist
- Experienced, Caring Team
What are CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
While some practices only offer traditional dental crowns that need to be made at a separate laboratory, our practice is able to create crowns in-office with the CEREC system. The system has three main components: a digital camera for taking pictures of your teeth, special software that can design a restoration that fits your exact needs, and a milling unit that can carve crowns out of a block of ceramic material.
The Process of Getting a CEREC Same-Day Dental Crown
Getting a CEREC crown typically only takes a matter of hours. Here’s what the process typically entails:
- Some enamel is filed away from the tooth that will receive the crown. (We will numb your mouth for this part of the process.)
- Multiple images of your tooth will be captured. The CEREC software will use these images to determine the proper shape, size, and color for your crown.
- Our in-office milling unit will then create a crown that matches your needs.
- We’ll check to see if any adjustments are required. Then the crown will be attached to your tooth.
The Benefits of CEREC Crowns vs. Traditional Crowns
Choosing a CEREC crown over a traditional crown means you will get to enjoy the following advantages:
- You can entirely avoid the need to wear a temporary crown.
- You won’t have to schedule multiple visits to our office; a single appointment is typically enough.
- You won’t need to worry about gooey, unpleasant-tasting impression material since digital images will be used to design the crown.